Nutrition Expert Forum
Magnesium deficiency?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Magnesium deficiency?

Hello and thank you in advance for your help/suggestions/comments!

I am a 24 year old female, 5'6'' 128 pounds non smoker, drinker and have never touched street drugs. I consider myself to be in good health, and eat a well balanced diet. However, recently I was diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. It has flipped my world upside down and limited what I am able to do.  Along with this I have a great deal of anxiety that seems to focus around my health. I have been chronically hypokalemic, ranging from 2.4-3.1. The last 2 tests showed normal ranges of 3.3 and 4.2. I have managed to raise it on my own through dietary intake, but have had to take supplements in ER when the levels were too low. I am starting to feel the way I did when I was hypokalemic. Some of the symptoms I have are weakness in my extremeties, loss of dexterity in fingers, hard time concentrating and my LEAST favorite this major spinning sensation. I found in one of the heart rhythm forums that a lot of women took magnesium supplements for heart arrythmias and even found that a lot of my symptoms correlated with their own. They said they disappeared after taking magnesium supplements. What is your opinion on this? I had 2 months free of anxiety and it was wonderful. Now it's back and I wonder if its related to a deficiency. It always gets worse prior to and during the beginning of my menstrual cycle. Oh and the only reason we can find for the hypokalemia was excess urination which I believe happens during periods of high stress. I do not take diarretics or anything of the sort.

Sorry if this made no sense. Any thoughts you have on this situation would be super appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!