Nutrition Expert Forum
Mouth Tastes like salt

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Mouth Tastes like salt

A few weeks ago I began to notice my mouth tasted like salt.  The sensation came and went, but for the past 10 days it is constant and getting steadily stronger.  Brushing my teeth, or increasing water makes no difference.  I don't have reflux nor do I appear to have a sinus problem or allergies.

I DO have abdominal adhesions that make it extremely difficult to eat a normal or even regular diet.  I've been in this condition for several years.  My calories are mainly in the form of liquids.  Our home was flooded in April and I lost a great deal of weight (down to 110 lbs) that has finally begun to return.  Is it possible that a nutritional deficiency is causing this problem?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'9
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
125
Suggest you see your MD to get checked. Blood work would determine if you have a vitamin deficiency. Thank you for your question.
Forgot to mention I am also experiencing killer headaches and nausea that isn't helped by phenergan along with this taste disturbance.  I've never been prone to headaches other than a few months of migraines related to menopause which haven't returned in about 5 years.