Nutrition Community
My Hands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

My Hands

Yesterday my hands had swollen and one of my hands was darker than the other i think it's because i do dishes and my hands can not take the dryness.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Well, without evaluation it may be difficult for me to confirm the exact cause of your symptoms. It may be possible that you are allergic to the dish soap.Swelling, darkening of skin may be due to the allergic effect if the dish soap. It may be possible that you have contact dermatitis. In contact dermatitis there is redness, swelling and itching. Apply moisturizer after washing hands. See a dermatologist .He may prescribe an ointment or cream. It's possible that you may need an oral antibiotic if an infection is present. Patients with severe hand rashes may be given oral or injected steroids. Keep hands away from irritants. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!