Nutrition Community
Nauseous and hungry in the morning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Nauseous and hungry in the morning

This happens to me for the majority of my mornings, although most don't involve actual purging, but I'll give an example of last night. I woke up around 4 in the morning and I felt so starved that I wanted to throw up, I grabbed an apple that I kept beside my bad and ate a few bites, and it soothed the feeling, until the next one came which was a wave a nausea, and I threw up the apple. I tried to eat it when I woke up but I threw up the measly bites I took yet again. I threw up once more and this time it was only the clearish stomach liquid.
I feel soooo hungry in the morning that it causes me to double over in bed, but the thought of any food that isn't completely bland makes me want to, and sometimes does, vomit.

I'm on birth control, and have been for a while, I can't remember if I had this problem before I ever started taking a bc but I've switched medications a few times and through each the problem has persisted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It may be difficult for me to confirm the exact cause of your problem without a detailed medical history, clinical examination and investigations. Stomach ulcers, severe acidity, gastro esophageal reflux disease can all result in increased food cravings. Diabetes mellitus, worm infestations and hyperthyroidism are other conditions which can make one hungry several times a day. Birth control pills may cause nausea and vomiting in few people. A complete evaluation may be helpful in providing more information. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Take care and regards!