Nutrition Expert Forum
Normal iron level
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Normal iron level

My current iron level is 11 and my doctor tells me it is still low. Another doctor. when inquired, told me that she'd expect that my iron level was 50.
What is considered a normal iron level?
Thanks
Tags: Iron
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5ft 6in
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
150 lb
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
The normal range for a female is 50-70 ug/dL, however, depending on the testing lab your MD had the test done may have another range. When a MD has blood work done the labs will return the test results with a range of normal for the testing equipment they use so the MD can see if the value are within normal limits or not. Women normally have lower iron due to menstruation. If you do have iron deficiency anemia suggest the following: Eat high iron food sources which are all meats, fish, dark green vegetables, beans, enriched rice (cooked), enriched pastas (cooked), and whole wheat breads. Vitamin C helps absorb Iron in the gut so it is good to have a vitamin C food with an iron food. For example, drink orange juice with the iron supplement or have mashed potatoes with meat at a meal. Hoped that helped you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank