Nutrition Expert Forum
Numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Numbness
I get numbness or a tingling feeling on my left hand and left leg and sometimes around my left ear and left eye (face sections are ocassional). I do not feel any weekness in my muscles or speech. When I got that feeling for the first time about two months ago, I went to a neurologist and he was suspecious of mini stroke but not sure of it. MRI was very clean and did not detect any problem in my brain. I am 60 years old and I've been taking one 81 mg aspirin a day for the last 7 years and I increased that to two perday(morning & night) since this happened.. I've been getting the same condition back a couple times a week since it happened the first time and it usually goes away after one or two hours. I am very active and work out on daily basis with no history of stroke or heart desease in the family. Any idea or advise.
Did your doctor do any other tests/bloodwork? If not, suggest getting bloodwork and other tests, such as a possible cardiac work-up, to try to determine the cause. Thank you for your question.