Nutrition Expert Forum
Only eats fruit

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Only eats fruit
My baby will only eat fruits. I am worried that she will not get needed protien and vitamens that veggies provide. I have tried slipping in bites of veggies while she eats her fruit but then she will refuse to continue eating altogether. If I continue to give her only fruits will she develop a perminate "sweet tooth" and maintain poor eating habits as she ages?
Her weight is just below the 90th percentile and her height is above the 95th percentile for her age which indicates she is within normal range for her age. You did not mention if she is drinking her infant formula too. If so, then she is getting all her needed nutrients from the formula. She is growing, from her measurements, so she is doing fine. Infants usually favor the fruits over vegetables due to the sweet taste and that is ok as long as the fruits are 100% fruit and has no added sugar. Fruits and vegetables have basically the same vitamins and minerals so as she grows and favors fruit over vegetables that would be fine.