Nutrition Expert Forum
Pregnancy weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Pregnancy weight

Am 7 weeks pregnant and am gaining weight like crazy I mean I 've gained almost 3 kg in those 7 weeks am I doing something wrong can I go on a diet while pregnant please help.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
162 cm
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
65 kg
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
24
It is not recommended to go on a ‘diet’ while pregnant. What you can do is eat approximately 2000-2200 calories per day and consume a healthy diet. Recommend eating a Heart Healthy diet which will give you the nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body and baby needs. Heart Healthy diet which is a moderate fat diet and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish in limited amounts, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Watch your portion sizes, you do not have to ‘eat for two’ as long as you consume enough calories as above. It is important you keep taking your prenatal vitamins throughout the pregnancy. Hoped this helped you.
Thnx alot I will do all that