Nutrition Expert Forum
Protein diet

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Protein diet
I am a very tall thin person, i find it very hard to gain muscle or fat as virtually neither will stick to me my metabolism is so high, im pretty under weight. About a year ago i gave up trying to 'eat more' to gain weightt and started trying to eat lots of protein believing it would benifit me if i started training my muscles. I find it was a lot easier gaining weight via muscle instead of fat, i looked virtually the same just slightly more toned but i got heavier a lot easier.

I used to try and drink lots of milk and eat lots of meat and peanuts because they are all very high in protein. Can you suggest anything else i can try eating that will help me with my goal? I carnt buy any special supplements. I am bipolar and frequently go off routines when i hit the 'low' i just want the weight back.
If you do 'work out' you will gain weight. As you gain lean body muscle, you will gain weight because muscle weight more than fat. You can also try yoga exercising which is strengthening your body gently from inside out. I do suggest you do eat carbohydrates to balance your meals. If our body get too much of the nutrients ---protein, carbohydrates, or fat it will use what it needs and then store it as fat, including protein. Suggest drinking either nutrient dense drinks (in addition to eating your meals) such as ensure or make your own milkshakes - soy yogurt, soy milk, and frozen fruit blended together; or milk, ice cream, and frozen fruit blended together for extra calories, protein and nutrients to help increase your weight.