Nutrition Community
Pulmunary Fibrosis on left upper Lobe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Pulmunary Fibrosis on left upper Lobe

Good day!
on the year 2003 I undergo a minor surgery on my left breast because of a cysts(not malignant) and by year 2005, i was diagnosed to have a PTB, I got a medication for about 6 months and my medicines are rifampicin, pyracinamide, bevitrin  and after the medication, i undergo a chest X-ray and the result tells that i have a normal chest X-ray (Impression: Normal Chest X-ray)..Last 2009, i undergo a chest X-ray again and the result is pulmonary fibrosis on left upper lobe, the rest of the lung is clear.I went to a doctor on specialized on lung and he said that i was already free from the said ailment, What the X-ray result tells is that i have a scar(fibrosis).he didn't prescribe on what medicine to take instead he gave me a vitamins named restor-F. Last day as an employee of one of fastfood chain, I undergo on an annual physical exam and my X-ray result is the same as the result on my X-ray last 2009.Question: is the scar from my cysts operation on the left breast refer to the fibrosis that was seen on my X-ray?Am I really free from that PTB?pls. help...Thank you.
Hi I alsa have the same xray result as you have. Left upper lobe fibrosis the rest of the lungs are clear..what does that mean? I hope you can help me..Thank you