Nutrition Community
Random Itching and small skin bumps whilst and after eating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random Itching and small skin bumps whilst and after eating

Hi over the last month I have experienced random itching and hives on 4 different occasions whilst and after eating different foods as shown below:

1st - Rice, lentils mixed with Greek yogurt
2nd - Yogurt based soup
3rd - Sandwich consisting of a seed bread roll, houmous, tomatoes, lettuce and onions
4th - Vegetarian Sausages, backed beans, chips and tomato ketchup

Its starts with itchy palms, soles of my feet and inside the ear. Then the itching spreads across my whole body followed by tiny "bite-like" bumps appearing on some parts of my body, i.e. back of my legs, neck and face. Once I have then taken an antihistamine, the itching cools down and the tiny bumps eventually disappear.

Therefore my question is why this has suddenly started to occur, especially since I have always eaten all the above foods without ever experiencing any problems. Also if this is a food allergy, what particular food is it due to, since I cannot see any trend between the above meals.

I appreciate any help I can obtain with my above issue.

Thanks

Dips