Nutrition Expert Forum
Salt intake

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Salt intake

Canada's food guide recommends 1500 mg of salt per day and an absolute maximum intake of 2300mg per day.  So if I eat at a restaurant means salt is always a major problem.  Trying to pre-plan by using the online nutrition information of the restaurant has been helpful in avoiding complete disasters.

Generally speaking right now my caloric intake is light during the day and  heavier at night (I eat a little between work and the gym/pool and a little after the gym/pool) and at breakfast as my medicine has a side effect which suppresses my appetite for about 12 hours so I mainly try for two or three snack-size things (a cup of milk or a half-cup of fruit peices sort of thing) during the day just to get some metabolism even if I am not hungry.

But now I am wondering if there is an ideal breakdown on the intake, so much at breakfast, lunch and dinner, either by mg or by a percentage of overall daily intake?  Or should I just go with a breakdown of so much salt per calorie consumed at the time?

Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5 6
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
260
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
45
It sounds like you do not take in too much salt during the day as you stated. At restaurants you can ask them not to add salt to your food and do not use the salt shaker. That will help you keep down your salt intake. Thank you for your question.
the  waves of warnings against fructrose come with an equally intense campaign to eat more fruit. Isn't fruit the prime source of frustrose? What are we to do'