Nutrition Expert Forum
Should I add protein

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Should I add protein

I recently started doing smoothies once a day. I take strawberries, blueberries, banana, plain yogurt, watermelon, and a low calorie juice like cranberry, strawberry banana. Everything is fresh fruit. But my question should I be adding in more to this like a protein powder? I've thought about a powder that helps you burn more fat because I've also started walking in the mornings for 40-60 minutes. I'm trying to lose about 20-30 pounds but also for my own mental physical emotional health. Thank you for your time I look forward to hear any feedback. Anything I'm looking for to put in these smoothies need to be natural, I'm sensitive to a lot of things.

Lindsey
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'1
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
157 lb
If you are adding yogurt to the smoothies, then you do not need additional protein powders. If the body has too much protein, it will get stored as fat. As adults we only need about 60gms of protein a day  with or without exercising. Hoped that helped you.