Significantly decreased appetite almost a week after the flu
I had a stomach bug on Wednesday the 6th of February consisting of mainly nausea and diarrhea, I wasn't able to vomit. I noticed that I had sharp pains in my stomach so I figured this was because of not eating that day due to nausea. Today is Monday the 11th of February and I'm finding that my appetite has decreased significantly. I also found that when I eat meals that I would normally be able to finish and still have room for desert; that I'm absolutely stuffed half way through and unable to finish. I usually have a big appetite and am a bit overweight for my height. 5ft .5inches and 135lbs. I'm wondering if this is a symptom of the flu dragging on, it if this could be a larger issue? I literally have no interest in eating during the day really until dinner time and find that I cannot even finish my dinner. I've also lost 4lbs through this whole ordeal(not that I'm complaining!) but I worry that I could be missing something much larger. Ive also found that ive been extremely gassy! Any inside provided will be absolutely appreciated!
The flu does linger on and can cause fatigue and decrease in appetite. Suggest eating 5-6 small meals a day to get yourself back on your feet. If this continues another week, suggest getting checked by your doctor. Thank you for your question.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.