Nutrition Community
Stomach Palpitations -Is it normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Stomach Palpitations -Is it normal?

Hi, recently i noticed that i can feel palpitations or a pulse around my stomach area. Im no medical expert but i was wondering if this will have any effect on my health or is it just normal?
When do you feel the pulse? Do you feel it when you lay down or constantly? Could it be gas? I would go to my doctor to rule out an aneurysm.
Are you very thin?  Sometimes on a thin person the abdominal aorta can be felt pulsating if you palpate the area.
I agree with both comments.  I could also feel my pulse in my stomach (mostly when laying down).  My cardiologist noticed it and said it could be because I am thin but he wanted me to have an ultrasound to rule out an aneurysm.  Had it and no aneurysm.  I would have a doctor check to be sure.