Nutrition Community
Sudden tiredness after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Sudden tiredness after eating

I had a small meal, rice with a piece of breaded fish, and some cookies with sugar frosting centers. Now all of a sudden I am having trouble keeping my eyes open and my head just wants to drop on the table.

This happens sometimes after I eat, maybe even more often at times, especially around lunch. Not sure what's wrong. I also am thirsty and have a salty taste in my mouth.

I wish I knew what is going on and even more so how I can wake myself up quickly, because I need to be awake for the rest of the day for a job orientation.
You need to see a holistic nutritionist or physician to get your blood sugar checked.  Also, skip the sugary stuff -- it has a rebound effect.  And just for a freebie add-on, breaded fish generally means it's been fried, which kind of defeats the purpose of eating fish.
Easier said than done about the sugary stuff...it is an addiction. >_<
Maybe hyopglycemic?
Sometimes I've wondered.

I had my blood sugar checked a while ago at least more than once. They couldn't find anything abnormal. I have not had a real fasting blood sugar test where you're not supposed to eat about 6 or 12 hours before the test.

I have in the past gotten very faint feeling between meals and at times be literally crawling on the floor, but since I started taking iron, it seems those moments of crawling on the floor from lack of energy, seem to have reduced to happening only very rarely and only if I were to skip a meal and be very late to eat the next.

I have never that I can remember gone 24 hours without eating for any purpose. I'm pretty miserable if I were to skip too many meals.