Nutrition Expert Forum
Supplements and brake

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Supplements and brake
I do take take presription medications due to heart attack 3 years ago. Plavix, Asprin, Pantoprazole, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Diltiazem and Pilocarpine. Also take Vitamin C, multivitamin, Co-q 10, fish oil, saw palmetto and milk thistle. I am wondering- do you take any "break" from vitamins? Lets say once a week, a month...? Or you take them all the time with no breaks? There is a very little data about this. Thank you in advance for your answer .
The best source for all vitamins and minerals are our foods. Fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains are the best sources. You get the needed vitamins and minerals and the additional natural fiber benefit as well. If you feel that you are not eating enough fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains, then suggest only a daily multi-vitamin (vitamins/mineral supplements with the least amounts of additives). Blood work would let you know your nutrient levels and if you need additional supplements. Hoped this helped you.