The best protein powder for me
I have had stomach issues my whole life, bloating, nauseated, headaches... My doctor suggested that I should try eliminating Lactose and gluten from my diet. I do not eat a lot of foods mainly because I do not like to eat a lot of processed or high fat or sugary foods so I only eat fruits, veggies and rarely meat. I find though at night I get very hungry but am not satisfied. I was wanting to know what would be the best protein powder to use or if it's a good idea for me to take one? or if you have any other suggestions..recipes etc..
I agree with your Doctor to avoid dairy products due to your stated issues. Suggest you eat protein from food sources and not use protein powders. If you are leaning toward vegetarian (eating hardly any meats), protein is the main ingredient that needs attention. You get protein by combining grains and nuts / seeds for essential protein have to be used daily such as rice and beans, pasta and beans, nuts to oatmeal, peanut butter and bread, and salad and nuts. You can also eat the soy milk, cheese, and rice milk products. Eat more raw fruits and vegetables for vitamins and minerals. Eat them as snacks or add them to your salads with additional nuts. Vitamin B12 needs to be supplemented if you become a vegan vegetarian (no meat products at all). Look at www.vrg.org for more information on vegetarian eating. Hoped this helped you.