Nutrition Expert Forum
The right diet to reduce oxalates
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

The right diet to reduce oxalates

Dear doctor,

Lately i've been diagnosed with oxalates in urine. I have to change the diet except drinking a lot of water. Could you advice me or suggest any website knowing what foods should i be careful to.

Thank you.
S.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'9
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
73 kg
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
The foods to be avoided are the following: Alcohol drinks (especially beer), sweetbreads, anchovies, sardines, liver, beef liver, brains, meat extracts, herring, mackerel, scallops, game meats, and gravies. Drink fluids 2-3 L daily which helps to dilute the uric acid (oxalates). Consume moderate amounts of meat, fish and poultry to 4-6oz per day; lentils, dried peas, beans; oatmeal, wheat germ; and asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, green peas. Choose lower fat dairy products, tofu, eggs, leaner meats and foods with less oils/butter. Follow a well balanced diet to help lose weight, if overweight, which will help decrease Gout. Avoid going on a high protein/low carbohydrate diet for weight loss due to worsening Gout condition.  Hoped that helped you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank