Nutrition Community
Too much sugar yesterday, dizzy today.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Too much sugar yesterday, dizzy today.

I ate A LOT of sugar yesterday throughout the day, and since I woke up today I have felt kind of dizzy and lightheaded. The feeling is subtle but its there and I feel like lying down. I haven't eaten anything but a small can of tuna in vegetable oil and water. Is this normal? Could it be something greater? This has lasted a couple of hours now and I am really worrying it could be a sign of something big.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
I've had this happen to me. Your blood sugar probably got out of wack a little bit by going very high with all the sugar and then crashing very low. That would explain the dizziness, feeling lightheaded, nauseas and even shaky. Your body will adjust back again in a day or so. Just drink plenty of water, get rest and try to eat healthy with a little protein in each meal. Protein helps stabilize your blood sugar.
You may want to get your blood sugar tested periodically for possible diabetes too. Just be careful now that you know how you react to sugar.
I hope you feel better today!
Blank
579258_tn?1250652943
Completely agree with April2 ... but would like to add that a small can of tuna and water is probably not enough of a meal either.  You could, at that point, actually be hypoglycemic (too little sugar).  You may want to try eating small regular meals (6 per day - 3 meals, 3 snacks) as a way to better way to regulate your food intake.  Would certainly get a fasting blood sugar done to see where you are medically ... could be a one-time occurrence, but could be a precursor to diabetes.  

Hope you are feeling better ... take care of you!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...