Nutrition Community
Triglyceride control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Triglyceride control

is it possible to lower Triglyceride & colestrol levels with out using medicines/drugs?

This discussion is related to triglycerides.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes, exercise and a healthy, balanced diet can increase your HDL cholesterol (good) and lower you LDL cholesterol (bad). If you eat things with a lot of saturated fat, cutting that out should lower your LDL levels. Things like butters, oils, and foods cooked in grease are generally higher in saturated fat.

What does your current typical food intake look like on a daily basis?
Blank
My husband had triglyceride level of 980. He cut carbs down to 25g per DAY and in about 5 weeks his triglyceride number was 138.  Feed your structure, not your disease.  All ALL carbs, once swalllowed, turn to sugar then to fat.  The insulin response tells the fat to continue to STORE, not burn, and because one is still eating a lot of carbs, one burns sugar.  Then, that which is not burned turns to FAT....viscious circle, don't ya think? Proteins and dietary fats do NOT store as fat; never have and never will.  All carbs eventually store as FAT, so cut THEM back to restore health.
Blank
Go to BrianPeskin.com for the Science and therefore truth of diet and controll of all your systems.  AND DO NOT take Fish oil.
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
I take fish oil and it is great, it has lowered all my blood fats more than any other product. Mine is pure from Iceland. Maybe it does not work for some, but for me, it is a miracle.
I do not eat carbs much at all, and I agree, when I avoid them, my weight loss is better and I feel better.
Susie
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank