Nutrition Expert Forum
Underweight Boy

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Underweight Boy

My wife and I have discovered our son is not eating his lunch at school nor is he taking advantage of snack time.  My wife packs his lunch and usually gives him something she knows he will eat.  We try to stay on him about eating but at the same time we try to not make a big deal about it.

He is definitely underweight.  We even received a letter from the school nurse about his weight.  He is very athletic and excels at soccer.  He is very active at home (except when playing video games).  When we try to discuss this with him he shutsdown or withdrawals from the conversation.

Suggestions ??
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
4'7"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
63 lb
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
11 years 10 months
His weight is on the 3rd percentile and his height between the 10-25th percentile for his age. He will be entering puberty soon and will be growing. Suggest he drink Carnation Instant breakfast (dense nutrient drink) before he goes to school with his breakfast, and have a milkshake (milk, ice cream, and banana or any fruit blended together) after his gets home to make-up the calories and protein he is not eating in school plus get additional calories. Hoped this helped you.