Nutrition Expert Forum
Underweight Male

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Underweight Male

I am a 20 year old male who is 5'9" and have weighed the same weight since 8th grade... around 110-115lbs... i cannot put on any more weight no matter how hard i try. I am not anorexic, i eat 3 or 4 meals a day + snacks in between. These meals are decent size (half a large pizza + an ice cream drumstick after or 3 tacos and chips, ect). I have tried drinking high calorie protein shakes 2 or 3 times a day along with these meals with little to no gain in weight. I have also tried working out in the gym with very small gains. I went to the doctor and had blood tests to see if i had hyper thyroidism, diabetes, and other common causes of being underweight. I cannot seem to find a solution and would like to put on about 40lbs to be at a normal weight. I was researching as i have done many times and found out about Oxandrin and was wondering if this would work to help me put on some weight. Also would a doctor need to prescribe this and how long would it have to be taken for in order to put on the weight i desire. Are there any serious side-effects i need to worry about? I don't drink alchol and i read that it doesn't cause breast growth like other anabolic steroids. Also it said that there is little risk of reducded natural production of testosterone if it is taken in low doses of about 10mg. Is 10mg enough to do the job and the reason i picked this drug is that it is the only one i know of that is FDA approved. Thanks for your time.
I do not recommend any type of steroids for weight gain due to severe medical risk. Oxandrin may cause blood cysts in the liver or spleen, liver tumors, increase hardening of the arteries and heart/blood vessel disease (CAD), to name a few. Some people are naturally very thin and I understand your plight. You are doing all the right things by eating more. You are still young and as you age your body's metabolism slows down. Hopefully you are able to gain some weight. Sorry I could not help you.
Would something like prednisone be safer?
I just don't know what to do, i'm out of ideas and i'm so tired of being so scrawny, i would like to be at a normal weight more than anything... is there anything else you can think of that i could do or try? i just can't force myself to eat 5-6 times a day... i don't have the time for it... i'm a working college student.
Everything i read says "eat more, eat more"... well there's only so much i can eat. Is there any extremely high calorie foods that i don't have to eat 10 portions of to put on some extra pounds and also aren't just a pile a of sugar? Also preferably something that is just one food... not like a shake that's a combination of several types of foods... maybe also you could reccommend some kind of supplement?
I would recommend you to drink Ensure or Boost 3-4 times a day. They are nutrient dense drinks very high in calories and protein in only 8ozs.
Trust me, you will gain weight, I was always under 120lbs untill my 22nd birthday and now I am 140. Although I still look gaunt and terribly skinny. Our wonderful metabolism will only last for so long.
TRAIN LITTLE FELLA.
Go to your local gym. Buy some muscle magazines. Get excited, get training.
Sitting on your bum eating and dreaming of steroids will not help.