Nutrition Community
Unsure of treatment of iron anemia after D&C
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unsure of treatment of iron anemia after D&C

Hi, 46 yr old female who recently suffered heavy menstrual bleeding and just had D&C performed.  Bleeding is under control now.  I had been telling my gyno how bad I felt and he was like, okay.......so before my procedure they finally checked my iron and CBC.  My hemoglobin was 7.8 and my iron percentage was at 5.  Every value on iron or CBC was abnormal.  So at my insistence he gave me an IV iron infusion after surgery and started me on biferax once a day.  A week later I can barely walk through house without having to sit and rest.  My blood pressure is like 110/65 quite a bit lower than normal for me.  So I call and go in yday and he isn't concerned about bp or rechecking values.  He said only thing to make me feel better is transfusion (which I don't want).  He said he could do venofer iv infusions every other day @400mg.  Should I go this route?  I'm considering a hematologist.  He didn't think I needed to see one but I'm not so sure.    He doesn't want to even see me back or check any levels for 8 weeks.    I also tale montly b12 injections and vitamin d(always low)  they hsvent even checked them at all.  I have 2 businesses to run and a family, I'm afraid this is going to be a bad summer.  I
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank