Nutrition Expert Forum
Vegetarian

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Vegetarian

I am a vegetarian and I was wondering if I would be able to get some advice and information on how to take care of my body.  I would love it if I could be given resources  to review or any information avalable that would be grate!  
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5.7
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
126
That is great you are a vegetarian and want to learn the right way to eat. As a vegetarian you should be getting all your vitamins and minerals from the foods you ate except Vitamin B12 and maybe Calcium (if you have a history of bone disease in your family). Vitamin B12 supplementation you need to take because it comes from meat sources and it not available through vegetarian diet. Calcium supplementation maybe needed if your intake is on the lower side depending on what you eat and your bone density. It is important to eat the right combination of foods so you have the proper proteins for your body too. I suggest you read up on vegetarian and combinations of starches / vegetables and beans / nuts for protein, calcium, and other nutrients. Good sources of information are the American Dietetic Association website, www.eatright.org and Vegetarian Resource Group website, www.vrg.org