Nutrition Community
Vitamin B12 deficiency and assorted gastric problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin B12 deficiency and assorted gastric problems

I've been diagnosed as having a vitamin B12 deficiency.  My B12 level is 152.  I received my first B12 injection just over a week ago.  I'd felt fatigued for a few months prior to my diagnosis.  At the moment I feel even more fatigued.  I'm also experiencing some pain in my chest, back and arms.  It can be mildly uncomfortably, tingling, or occasionally a stabbing pain.  I was wondering:
a. if the pain is normally associated with B12 deficiency
b. how long after starting injections does one usually feel the benefits.

I've also been diagnosed with a mild hiatal hernia, and gastric erosion on the greater curve (biopsies from endoscopy are pending).  I was checked for any cardiac problems (as I was initially admitted with chest pains) and cardiac tests revealed benign premature ventricular contractions but nothing more serious than that.  I was wondering if the chest/back pain could due to the gastric erosion.

The pain can be distressing, and I'm given to being anxious about it.  I'm a 30 year old male.  I don't smoke, and don't drink.  I'm not very active in the exercise stakes, but am very skinny - I weigh 126 pounds, and am 5'9.  My cholesterol levels was 4.4

Any help or advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.