Nutrition Expert Forum
Vitamin Killers Twoo

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Vitamin Killers Twoo

Hello! I was taking a handful of vitamins ( listed below) alltogether every morning with 3 cups of a mixture of aloe vera, fat-free or low-fat "random flavor" yogurt, blueberries, blackberries and other "random fruit" smoothie. I still am taking them, just not every morning.  Recently I was watching TV and someone mentioned that magnesium bonds with "random vitamin" so it doesn't get absorbed into the body.  I take magnesium, and the supplement mentioned was one of mine.  Now I've found out that Magnesium should be taken with Vitamin E.

I have separated everything, but now I'm taking vitamins all day and the point of drinking my Aloe Vera Shake with the vitamins is that the av is supposed to make the vitamins stronger...Can someone help? I take 2000 mg of Garlic, 300 mg Magnesium, 2000 mg vitamin B-12, 1200 mg fish oil, 4000 mg cranberry, 400 mg Green Tea, 30 Zinc Picolinate..

My question is what vitamins can I take at the same time? Are there vitamins that aren’t doing me any good because I should be taking them with something else?  Ie.  Calcium and vitamin d, magnesium and vitamin e, etc.

I've been taking the cranberry and the garlic together.  The fish oil , magnesium, and zinc by themselves, and the green tea and the b-12 I take together first thing in the morning. I take everything an hour apart so I start taking vitamins at 8 am and I'm done by 12p.m. !!  There must be an easier way besides taking a multivitamin where I don’t know if I am getting everything I want/need.

Thanks!
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5"2
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
141 lbs
Everything you are taking, except vitamin B12, are not vitamins. Cranberry and fish oils do have vitamins in them. Magnesium and zinc are minerals. You can take them together or 2 times a day. Suggest you do not go crazy over it. Our food provides all the vitamins and minerals you need.
Thanks, that's how I felt! Thanks for the answer.