Nutrition Expert Forum
Vitamin Mineral supplments

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Vitamin Mineral supplments

I'm due to have a hysterectomy in a few weeks... I have a friend that swears by usana health pack vitamin/mineral supplements... is this a good product? or could you recommend a vitamin/mineral supplement?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'3
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
137 lbs
Recommend if you take any type of supplement that the vitamins and minerals are not over 100% recommended daily amount (RDA). You are about to have surgery and even though it is good to have your body ready for it, however, you do not want to have issues with toxicity of any vitamin and mineral due to taking mega doses (over 100% RDA). Eating foods with high amount of vitamins and minerals which are fruits, vegetables and whole grain products is the best way and you get additional fiber. If you want that supplement, suggest a general multi-vitamin with iron. Hoped this helped you.
Usana products are VERY expensive. A relative asked me to analyse a couple of their products and I would say that you could get the same thing OTC for over half the price.
In your situation, you could probably benefit from getting a good multi vit/min with added bioflavinoids, these help strenghten connective tissue, vascular system etc.
Good luck

Kristin
Hi...

Visit this store http://www.Nutrovita.com/ for Herbal Nutritional Supplements, Vitamins, Minerals and Beauty Products from all top national brands of USA on very reasonable prices. This store carries more then 13,000 products for different health purpose. I hope this store can give u what u want.

Thanks.