NUTRITION
COMMUNITY
Vitamins - Reliv or other
by NeDragonlady, May 06, 2005
I am a diabetic, very picky eater and working on losing weight.  Need a good, completely comprehensive vitamin/nutritional supplement.  A friend is trying to sell me a nutrition supplement called Reliv.  She says drinking supplements help you retain more vitamins than pills and that Reliv products give you everything you would ever need - vitamin and mineral wise.  I need to find out if this is actually a good product to use or not.  And a recommendation for a good supplement if this is not.  Thanks.
Member Comments (13)
by srealtor, Jun 24, 2005
Maybe this might help you. I dont always have time to eat healthy. So I went to the health food store to ask a friend of mine what would be something that I can take to fill into my diet. She recomended I try a green drink. I was like yuck. She  told me about earth's promise which taste like fruit. Here is a little blurb about the drink. Earth's Promise has 20 vitamin-rich ingredients - one glass provides the essential nutrients needed to enhance energy, support digestion and boost the immune system. High in potent antioxidants including green tea. More vegetables and fiber per serving than any leading super greens food.Gluten free and no sugar added
by Baiduri, Aug 02, 2005
NeDragonlady,
Did you manage to try the Reliv Product for your diabetes? I love to find more about this product? Thanks
by dietitian, Aug 07, 2005
There are less expensive supplements that may work just as well for you.  Did your doctor suggest taking a multivitamin, multimineral supplement?  You might want to check with him/her before taking something. Also, Reliv does contain 18 mg Iron, the RDA for women who are not yet at menopause.  Are you at risk of being iron deficient? Men and postmenopausal women who are not at risk of iron deficiency should take a multivitamin/mineral supplement without iron.
by suesana, Aug 08, 2005
I know some about Reliv and several other companies, if you'd like to know more and where (online) to look to check these companies out, let me know.
My email is suesana@rea-alp.com
I am a retired Home Economics teacher and spend hours looking up different companies, their founders, and their products.
Thanks.
by Lety1, Feb 02, 2008
Reliv is definitely a product you would want to take. Your body would highly appreciate it as years go by. I have met many people with many different conditions. It has helped me too. Ive had many cyst and helped clear a new one that I was getting. It also helped with bad circulation. Take it. It will detoxicate your body talk to who ever spoke to you about this so you can start on the basic first and after that there is for bones, heart, digestion, women, men. But the basic clears the body of many things we put in it. It puts in what we need vitamins.
by Lety1, Feb 02, 2008
Sorry, forgot to mention about diabetics. I know four people that are diabetic and are taking it. Yes! it has helped them they are very happy they found the product and so am I!
by kclay0840, Feb 12, 2008
You can always go to www.nutritionaltree.com.  They have reviews on many, many products.  They don't seem to be selling anything on this actual site--just offering reviews.  I've found it very helpful in the past.
by HoppyOne, Aug 28, 2008
I don't have anything to gain by telling you this, but I would recommend the Reliv products. But don't just try them, be serious and take them everyday at least twice per day. The average "nutrition head" (and that includes me 17 years ago) just doesn't understand the difference between Reliv products and anything else out there. It is a perfectly balanced 1st ever patented formulation that is presented to the body in a readily available form in that if you were to hold it under your tongue you would begin absorbing it sublingually. It's designed to not only feed your body at the cellular level, but to cleanse the toxins naturally out of the body as well. This powerful 1-2 punch is why so many people are seeing their bodies respond and begin to go to work the way the body was made to. I like to say it gives you the best optimal chance at the most optimal health! I personally am severely hypoglycemic which is a precursor to diabetes, and for 17 years now, I don't suffer from that "low blood sugar shaking" and I am confident that I won't have to deal personally with diabetes as long as I'm keeping my body balanced nutritionally with the balanced Reliv products.
by HighDefHealth, Sep 06, 2008
In recent years, scientists have discovered that each of us have unique "genetically determined" body chemistries. Even small variations in your genes can have a profound influence on how well your body responds to food, physical activity, environmental pressures and how you may be predisposed to a wide variety of other important health and physiologic conditions. Based on over a decade of proprietary and patented scientific processes, the health and beauty industry is rapidly accelerating into the 21st century. You can have personalized solutions specifically designed to support YOUR body with the first comprehensive system of personalized nutritional supplements based on genetic testing that measures single nucleotide polymorphisms in your DNA. Check out this Fox News video on youtube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9Pxp0Ea28
If you would like to learn more about the convergence of new technologies and personal healthcare please visit www.mygenewize.com/gwmartin.