Nutrition Community
Vitamins and Hair Falling Out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Vitamins and Hair Falling Out

My hair has been falling out a lot within the past few weeks. I'm female, 21 and there isn't baldness in my family. I have not had any increased stress lately. When I told my parents about my hair, however, they stated that they have had similar thinning(not balding) episodes lately and think it's because of a lack of vitamins. About one month ago I started  to take B50 vitamins from the grocery store as perscribed on the bottle and then stopped about two weeks ago. Is it possible that I became dependent on the vitamins that fast and that is why my hair is falling out? What should I do? I don't want to lose my hair!
Please visit the following site for the most effective diets available.

http://www.perfectdi8.com

The webpage lists the best and the most effective diet sources.
I'm not trying to make you panic but maybe look into alopecia. I've never heard of any type of vitamin having that type of effect- my cousin actually just started losing her hair (she's 24) for no reason and actually has a spot she lost on her groin area. They gave her some cream and it looks like the bald spots are beginning to grow hair. Not sure if this helped or not~ good luck
I too had hair falling out. I was tested and I found out that I had low iron. My physician put me on iron supplements and this seemed to help. A simple blood test is all that is required. Hope this was helpful!