Aa
A
A
Close
Vitamins and Hair Falling Out
My hair has been falling out a lot within the past few weeks. I'm female, 21 and there isn't baldness in my family. I have not had any increased stress lately. When I told my parents about my hair, however, they stated that they have had similar thinning(not balding) episodes lately and think it's because of a lack of vitamins. About one month ago I started  to take B50 vitamins from the grocery store as perscribed on the bottle and then stopped about two weeks ago. Is it possible that I became dependent on the vitamins that fast and that is why my hair is falling out? What should I do? I don't want to lose my hair!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Please visit the following site for the most effective diets available.

http://www.perfectdi8.com

The webpage lists the best and the most effective diet sources.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I'm not trying to make you panic but maybe look into alopecia. I've never heard of any type of vitamin having that type of effect- my cousin actually just started losing her hair (she's 24) for no reason and actually has a spot she lost on her groin area. They gave her some cream and it looks like the bald spots are beginning to grow hair. Not sure if this helped or not~ good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I too had hair falling out. I was tested and I found out that I had low iron. My physician put me on iron supplements and this seemed to help. A simple blood test is all that is required. Hope this was helpful!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
6 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
14 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Arlington, VA
1530171 tn?1448133193
Blank