Nutrition Expert Forum
Weight loss , loss of muscular mass

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Weight loss , loss of muscular mass

in the past month I lost 4kg.

I have been overweight for 3-4 years now. I got suddenly fat around the wrist when I stopped exercising due to different health issues.

for years I ate more proteins than the rest. coincidentally I found out that my Albumin has been low for years and recently I had stool test and there were undigested muscular fibres. my doctor said it's nothing significant.

now I feel less like eating. I eat almost no meat, I'm never too hungry.

I lost weight but mostly on the muscles. I used to have normal muscles in legs and arms now they are really undersized. my dad is 70 he has bigger muscles and he lies down all day he never even walks.

I also had some mild paralysis in the limbs probably some autoimmune problem that has not been diagnosed and has almost completely regressed now.

why am I losing muscles instead of fat?

is it normal when someone starts to eat less to lose muscles before fat?

Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
183cm
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
95kg
If you are not eating protein based foods, you will lose muscle first before fat. Recommend eating protein (dairy products, meat, fish, rice & beans, or nuts with salad) at every meal, plus exercise so you lose fat weight. You did not state your age, however, you need 2000 calories a day to help your body maintain a good nutritional state.  Suggest eating a Heart Healthy diet which will give you the nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body needs, lose weight slowly, and help with possibly preventing of future disease states. Heart Healthy diet, which is a moderate fat diet, and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Hoped this helped you.
thanks! that's just what I eat! except the nuts