Nutrition Expert Forum
Weight loss
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Weight loss

I have had alot of abd. surgery with 2 ilostomies for by pass surgery to repair rectum from damage. I have had IBS all my adult life. Due to manipulation of intestines to take down iliostomies I have alot more diarrhea and am told /malabsorption. There are alot of foods that I need to eat for reduced calories/weight loss but have so violent diarrhea that it makes me dehydrated .. this defeats all I try to do. I need to lose weight due to neuropathies I have from GI surgeries and arthritis.. Any help would be appreciated...

BrendaT1959
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'5"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
221 lb
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
Would you state if there are any foods you can tolerate? Thank you
5 Comments
Blank
I can tolerate chicken in limited amounts. but salads I can't
Blank
267079_tn?1195146570
I am sorry, however, to help you I need to know if there are any foods besides chicken you can eat? If you can list them, that would help me. Thank you.
Blank
I can tolerate foods one day and not the next. chicken , steak, fish, green beans, green peas, rice, potatoes, strawberries, oranges, some apples. peaches, pickles, beets, oatmeal. Does this help some??
Blank
267079_tn?1195146570
Thank you for the list. It is difficult when you have issues with your bowel. Suggest you try to consume high protein, fat foods which I see you are mostly consuming. If you want steak, then eat a high grade, lower fat cut. Since you have diarrhea, suggest avoiding coffee, concentrated sweets, and an excess intake of fiber (nuts, seeds, whole grains, legumes, leafy greens), however, insoluble fiber is desired (oatmeal, pectin in apple, fruit). Until your diarrhea is in control, suggest not eating strawberries due to the small seeds. Have you been checked for lactose intolerance which diarrhea is one of its symptoms? Suggest doing exercise, such as walking, to help you with weight loss due to your medical issues and low tolerance to food.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
22 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank