Nutrition Expert Forum
What can I do to gain my appetite back?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

What can I do to gain my appetite back?

I'm not exactly sure this is the right place to ask this, but I don't know what is going on.  For the past two months I have had a loss of appetite.  I eat less than 1000 calories per day.  Every once in a while I will get my appetite back and eat normally, but it's rare.  This all started when I got two viruses (don't know what) two months ago.  After three weeks of being sick I felt better, and had no problems eating.  The two weeks later I got **** again but blood test were normal. Since then I have had an array of symptoms including nausea, loose bowels, diarrhea, dizziness, hot flashes, chills, and severe fatigue.  I am also starting to get cramps in my sides and in my stomach on both sides.  My doctor says it's stress, and told me to force the food down.  I try that but the minute food touches my mouth all symptoms of hunger cease, and I can't swallow.  I am diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, and the doctor has changed my mess a few times, but I am currently on sertraline 50mg which is what I started with.  I an also on xyzal for severe allergies and sinus drainage, and sudeted pe.  Is there anything I can do to jump start
My appetite?  Also durring some attempts to eat everything has an overpowering taste or smell (fish stcks taste like raw fish).
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'5
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
165.4
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
27
Suggest eating nutrient dense foods (eggs, meats, dairy products) since you have a small appetite and do not eat much. Try nutrient dense drinks (such as milkshakes, ensure, or boost) to help you consume 1200 calories per day so you do not become deficient with nutrients, vitamins, or minerals. There are appetite stimulants that can be prescribed if your MD thinks it is necessary. Suggest you get your anxiety disorder under control first.