Nutrition Expert Forum
What is the right multivitamin for me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

What is the right multivitamin for me?

Hello, I am a married Mom of two small children.  I am 47 yrs old, and currently take Equate brand Multivitamin for women, plus 3000mg of vit C daily.

I have alsways had low iron, and feel that my energy level starts to dissolve after the 2pm mark.  Should i be taking something better, something else?

My overall diet is pretty good/fair.  I drink lots of water, eat a balanced diet (but definitely love the junk too).  

Also, what about daily vitamins for children?  Are any better than the other?  Should children get more of a certain vitamin at ages 2 and 4?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'7"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
142
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
47
Suggest getting blood work done to determine if you are low in iron or not and be treated, if needed. As far children vitamins are concerned, suggest any daily children's chewable multi-vitamin. If they are very good eaters and eat fruit and vegetables, then they would not need a multi-vitamin. Thank you for your question.