Nutrition Community
What should i eat to fill the space?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

What should i eat to fill the space?

I am very Carb oriented and always have been as a result of a high metabolism and crazy active sports life. Until now, My metabolism is slowing and i spend most of my time behind a desk at work and crash when I get home so I've been trying to change my diet to fit my lifestyle, I'm used to Cereal or a bagel for breakfast, occasionally oatmeal, pasta or an apple and cheese and fresh bread for lunch, and pasta or mash potatoes and tofu for dinner , all mainly carbs my snacks consists of pretzels, garlic parmesan bread, and sometimes fruit, i realized when i went to the store if i didn't buy carbs i didn't know what to get !
Make sure you have 5-9 servings of fruit and veggies a day. One serving is 1/2 cup. My nutritionist told me this.
Carbohydrates is okay, since this is a good source of energy needed for your daily activities. According to the food pyramid, carbohydrates belongs to the food group which a person should have the most daily intake. However, it is important that you choose the right kinds of carbohydrates. The key here is, no matter what food you choose to eat, always make sure you pick the right kind. And also, make sure everything you put in your body is of a reasonable and recommended amount. Always regulate your daily intake.

Also, make sure you get the whole wheat/whole grain version of every carbohydrate you get from the store. For example, instead of getting a white white sliced/loafed bread, opt for the whole wheat one. Whole wheat is packed with fiber, it will make you feel more satisfied and will not make you starve, and will also promote good digestion and elimination process.

Also, make sure to have at least 5-10 servings of vegetables and fruits, as they are the best sources of fiber. Its will help you keep going throughout the day without feeling bloated.

Lastly, no matter how busy your life gets, always make it a point to do regular exercise. It doesn't necessarily mean going to the gym. A simple 30-40 minute walk, 4-5 times a week is perfect enough. And try to do simple activities like using the stairs instead of the lift/elevator, or parking at some distance away so you can walk to your office building. The key here is, try to be as active as you can be, and always eat a healthy balanced diet. Good luck!
High METABOLISM is the causes of the sugar .