Nutrition Community
Why do I feel so sick after eating? More problems arise with time...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

4656718?1247567352
Lately I have been feeling very ill after eating. As many have mentioned in other posts: I feel the need to vomit (although I don't), it's my whole stomach, then my body feels fatigue, i get shaky if I don't eat soon enough or even fast enough, sometimes a headache, sharp and burning mostly on the left side, often resulting in anxiety, I sometimes feel malnutrition but I know I'm pretty well balanced. I sometimes have a lump in my throat that won't leave till it leaves. nothing I have tried seems to help it. Mostly it's nausea and pain with anxiety. The anxiety can be present before, during, but mostly after. Kind of a build of symptoms....ALL THIS AND NEVER DIAREA (diarrhea).

It usually happens during or shortly after a meal no matter what or how much I eat. Even soup or salad.

I have had a history of way over eating and much spicy food in my diet, however, lately I have made a serious effort to watch my habits. I use to eat till it hurt and I couldn't seem to stop myself ever. Now I've started eating better. Lots of home cooked meals. I need to be eating more veggies but it's still in the works. Also, a history of anxiety. Everyday or more than one attack a day. This has gone on longer than the pain though.

At first it was all this pain but no anxiety all because I ate too much. Now I eat properly and all these things have gotten worse. Maybe something other then a stomach problem? it's as if it's perpetuated into something different and worse now that I have started to help myself.

I have also gained a few extra pounds in the last 8 months. I can't tell you exactly when all this has started but it has become a serious issue in the last 6 months at least.

If you know of a site of technic or anything to help please let me know. Thank You.

THINGS NOT TO POST: Don't post your story JUST to tell me you have the same problem. Do not just tell me to see a doctor. I KNOW AND I WILL WHEN I HAVE MONEY AND TIME. (unless you think I should get a certain test done or something of that sort)
Could be a number of things, first, hypoglycemia, this can cause the problems you mentioned. Second, could be a type of food allergy/intolerance. Third, could be a digestion disorder and you might need some hydro-chloric acid or digestive aides. Last, but not least, could be anxiety related over worrying about having these symptoms.

As to tests, well, the most accurate for hypoglycemia is the 6 hour glucose test, it is very accurate, but can be quite tiring for the body. For food allergies, a blood draw called "rast" this will test for different groups of food.