Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Why do I feel so sick after eating? More problems arise with time...
Lately I have been feeling very ill after eating. As many have mentioned in other posts: I feel the need to vomit (although I don't), it's my whole stomach, then my body feels fatigue, i get shaky if I don't eat soon enough or even fast enough, sometimes a headache, sharp and burning mostly on the left side, often resulting in anxiety, I sometimes feel malnutrition but I know I'm pretty well balanced. I sometimes have a lump in my throat that won't leave till it leaves. nothing I have tried seems to help it. Mostly it's nausea and pain with anxiety. The anxiety can be present before, during, but mostly after. Kind of a build of symptoms....ALL THIS AND NEVER DIAREA.

It usually happens during or shortly after a meal no matter what or how much I eat. Even soup or salad.

I have had a history of way over eating and much spicy food in my diet, however, lately I have made a serious effort to watch my habits. I use to eat till it hurt and I couldn't seem to stop myself ever. Now I've started eating better. Lots of home cooked meals. I need to be eating more veggies but it's still in the works. Also, a history of anxiety. Everyday or more than one attack a day. This has gone on longer than the pain though.

At first it was all this pain but no anxiety all because I ate too much. Now I eat properly and all these things have gotten worse. Maybe something other then a stomach problem? it's as if it's perpetuated into something different and worse now that I have started to help myself.

I have also gained a few extra pounds in the last 8 months. I can't tell you exactly when all this has started but it has become a serious issue in the last 6 months at least.

If you know of a site of technic or anything to help please let me know. Thank You.

THINGS NOT TO POST: Don't post your story JUST to tell me you have the same problem. Do not just tell me to see a doctor. I KNOW AND I WILL WHEN I HAVE MONEY AND TIME. (unless you think I should get a certain test done or something of that sort)
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
363281 tn?1353103243
Could be a number of things, first, hypoglycemia, this can cause the problems you mentioned. Second, could be a type of food allergy/intolerance. Third, could be a digestion disorder and you might need some hydro-chloric acid or digestive aides. Last, but not least, could be anxiety related over worrying about having these symptoms.

As to tests, well, the most accurate for hypoglycemia is the 6 hour glucose test, it is very accurate, but can be quite tiring for the body. For food allergies, a blood draw called "rast" this will test for different groups of food.
Comment
Cancel
363281 tn?1353103243
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank