Nutrition Expert Forum
Will phentermine 15 mg help me lose 15 pounds?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

I was given phentermine 15 mg by a "doctor" at a weight loss clinic. I'm a bit skeptical because of all the negative reviews I have read. I am currently 136 at 5' 3'' and want to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 120. I have tried other diets and just cant seem to get the extra weight off. My son is now 1 and i'm starting to feel a bit depressed about the extra pounds. Is 15 mg enough for me to lose the weight? I do not want to take any higher of a dosage considering i'm not technically overweight.
I do not recommend any type of diet pill due to the medical issues that may arise. Suggest walking your son in a stroller 3-4 times a week and you will see your weight go down.
Phentermine is usually given to people at least 50 lbs overweight.  I don't understand why a dr would give this to you when you are at an ideal weight for your height.  I am a registered nurse and I took phentermine because I was 50 lbs overweight and it was affecting my health.  You have to remember that there are a few things you need to do while taking this medication.  1) Follow a healthy diet 2) Exercise regularly and 3) Close monitoring by a physician, at least monthly.  I feel that with the proper diet and exercise you can lose the weight on your own.  I took Phentermine to lose the first 30 lbs, but after changes in my lifestyle I lost the last 20 lbs with no help at all.  To answer your question about the dose, it is fine for your weight.  I hope this is helpful to you.  Tracking your meals and exercise is a great way to monitor your weight.  Always remember, you have to burn more calories than what you are taking in.