Nutrition Expert Forum
Will phentermine 15 mg help me lose 15 pounds?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Will phentermine 15 mg help me lose 15 pounds?

I was given phentermine 15 mg by a "doctor" at a weight loss clinic. I'm a bit skeptical because of all the negative reviews I have read. I am currently 136 at 5' 3'' and want to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 120. I have tried other diets and just cant seem to get the extra weight off. My son is now 1 and i'm starting to feel a bit depressed about the extra pounds. Is 15 mg enough for me to lose the weight? I do not want to take any higher of a dosage considering i'm not technically overweight.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5' 3''
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
I do not recommend any type of diet pill due to the medical issues that may arise. Suggest walking your son in a stroller 3-4 times a week and you will see your weight go down.
2 Comments
Blank
1724595_tn?1310607807
Phentermine is usually given to people at least 50 lbs overweight.  I don't understand why a dr would give this to you when you are at an ideal weight for your height.  I am a registered nurse and I took phentermine because I was 50 lbs overweight and it was affecting my health.  You have to remember that there are a few things you need to do while taking this medication.  1) Follow a healthy diet 2) Exercise regularly and 3) Close monitoring by a physician, at least monthly.  I feel that with the proper diet and exercise you can lose the weight on your own.  I took Phentermine to lose the first 30 lbs, but after changes in my lifestyle I lost the last 20 lbs with no help at all.  To answer your question about the dose, it is fine for your weight.  I hope this is helpful to you.  Tracking your meals and exercise is a great way to monitor your weight.  Always remember, you have to burn more calories than what you are taking in.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank