Nutrition Expert Forum
best diet for 16 month old

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

best diet for 16 month old
My 16 month old daughter is very active but thin, I would like to know the best diet for her healthy growth?
Her weight is between the 50-25th percentile and her height is above the 95th percentile for her age. She is very tall so she appears thin for her weight. Her weight is normal for her age. As a guideline for a 14-24 month old child should eat the following: Dairy 4 feedings a day –Milk or breast milk (4oz), cheese (½ oz), yogurt (½ cup), or cottage cheese (¼ cup). Starch 4 feedings a day – Cereal (¼ cup), pasta (¼ cup), rice (¼ cup), bread (½ slice), or crackers (2). Fruits & Vegetables 4 feedings a day – Fruits (including 100% juice limited to only 4-6ozs) & Vegetables (¼ cup). Protein source 2 feedings a day – Meat or fish (1oz), egg (1), or beans (¼ cup). She should eat 3 meals and have snacks between meals using the foods above to be spread out throughout the day. Hoped this helped you.
A related discussion, 18 month old girl whose over weight was started.