Nutrition Community
bloody stools, started after taking protein supplement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

I have been taking protein supplements for a few weeks now, i have noticed that whenever i go to the bathroom, my stools started to look a bit red. it is a kind of darkish red. whenever proceding with a stool, i always am constapated. i usualy take a whey protein supplement (24 grams per serving) once after i work out (After noon) and after dinner (5-6) i need some info on why im getting these bloody stools, and i am very sure it is because of the protein supplement, but i do not want to cpmpletely stop taking the supplement because it builds my muscles very nicely
there is no reason why protein supps should cause bloody stools-that being said, you should IMMEDIATELY be evaluated by your physician as bloody stools are not something you want to just "blow off".
The proteins certainly ain't causing the problem. Check it with some good physician cause this can be really serious.
Actually im taking tru-mass and the same thing is happening to me..but it happens with all protein supplements i take thats why im googling around right now
I had the same problems, just make sure to be drinking alot of water and eating good ruffage and the root cause of the bloody stool was the hard pushing in the bathroom. With a more balanced diet you shouldn't have to feel like your launching gernades outa your ***. Hope this helps.
Immediately use Flagyl 250 x 2 per day for three days and stop the protein , start to eat boiled egg whites 3.6 x 8 per days after being fully cured .
Me too. Just started Dr. Mercola whey protein. I love the strawberry...the bloody stools not so much!!! Scared me to death. I also just started to use kefir...yogourmet starter...at first I thought it was that but the whey protein and bloody stool search yielded more results. Just seems like the protein is more likely but you never know. I just ordered real kefir grains from a lady in ohio and I'm hoping it's the miracle I'm looking for. I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 15 years and lately I've been getting worse, not better. Heard great things about kefir but those with compromised immune systems need to be very careful...gonna stop the whey and see what happens...but again it could be the kefir...adios