Nutrition Expert Forum
body has high levels of b12
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

body has high levels of b12

I recently had some blood work done and my b12 level is 2000, which I understand it should be between 300 - 900.  I do not take any supplements and I have never had a b12 shot.  It has caused some minor side effects.  What can I do to bring my level down?  
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5' 5"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
When you had your blood drawn, did you eat prior to it? That may cause it to have higher levels. Some disease states cause vitamin B12 to increase. Were there other lab values that were not normal? Suggest having it taken again. Thank you for your question.
2 Comments
Blank
I may have eaten about an hour prior.  I am trying to find out why have brain lesions, they thought maybe MS, but I don't have enough of the symptoms of MS.  I asked the doctor what else could cause lesions, so that is why he did the blood work.  I also had a high ana level about 1.8 everything else as good.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank