Nutrition Community
cleanses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

cleanses

I have been reading alot about cleansing lately; full body/total boy cleanses, colon cleanses, etc.  I was wondering if anyone who has done these cleanses will share their experiences and thoughts.  Thank you
Pure herbs or Good herbs has a good whole body one. You take it at night before bed. You don't spend any more time in the bathroom than you did before. I have been pleased with it. I am doing it for 30 days. I have maybe a week left.

Alot of people do believe they need to do cleanses when all they need to do is get rid of the candida over growth in there bodies. I like a brand called Threelac. there are other ones out there too.

I hope this helps
I've used Thisalyn Cleanse (available at Whole Foods, for ex.) with herbal digestive sweep.  This is basically for people on the go who don't want to disrupt their normal pattern of life... you can eat normally.  Key ingredients are casara sagrada (for colon) and milk thistle (for liver).  I feel good afterwards but the effects aren't terribly long-lasting...I've got IBS and have yet to find a miracle, but it always feels good to me to do a 'digestive sweep' every season.
I have been doing a cleanse by drnatura (colonix) for a few years now and I can say that it is a great product that has worked wonders for me. I had a lot of medical problems and needed to do something fast. I also found a great naturopath who helped me change my eating habits and eliminate foods that were creating havoc in my body. This combination of cleansing and adjusting my diet has helped me get my health back. Colonix is gentle on the system and easy to use. All of my friends and family are using colonix with amazing results.
I have also tried other varieties of cleanses, but nothing was as effective as colonix.
I hope you find what works for you.