Nutrition Community
crooked fingers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

crooked fingers

I COULDNT FIND A TOPIC RELATED TO THIS...i talked to my physician and physical therapist and they couldn't help me. my fingers, mainly my pointer and middle ones, are crooked. they are crooked, not to the point where i need to go to the hospital, but they are fanning outward. i have broken my fingers numerous times before and have had them splinted. but not all the fingers i broke are crooked, that doesnt seem to be what it came from. i have a habit of extensively biting my fingernails to where they look sore, but don't bother me at all. i play a lot of sports and my form of doing a lot of things like shooting a basketball and throwing a football, which were things i used to be great at, have been somewhat compromised depending on what it is. the skin on the 4 fingers i mentioned seemed to be out of position. i wonder if it has to do with the joint on my fingers closest to my hand(about an inch away from my knuckle). does anyone else have this or any information about this? if so, i would greatly appreciate it.
Tags: Nutrition, Arthritis, Basketball, football, rheumatoid, sports, Rheumatoid Arthritis
could it be rheumatoid arthritis? blood tests will confirm whether it is or isn't. lol