Nutrition Expert Forum
diet for renal stones

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

diet for renal stones
hello dr, my sister is 27 yrs old who is diagnosed with multiple kidney stones in one kidney. And the other kidney has one stone now,(which was operated 15 years ago for previous kidney stone).now in this situation what type of treatment will be appropriate for my sister's condition? please advise me
There is really no "diet " for kidney stones. If a person takes very high doses of vitamin C, kidney stones have been known to develop. To help prevent possible kidney stones is to drink the daily-recommended fluid amounts of 8+ glasses (8oz or more) of water so your body is properly hydrated. Your sister needs to see her MD to be treated for the existing kidney stones. Best of luck.