exhaustion
I am exhausted after eating potatoes, bread and anything with sugar in it.  It is not my blood sugar. Do you have any ideas. I have suffered from cfs for 39 years and have vitiligo and asthma.  I feel sure it is all to do with gut problems.
The potato when introduced to Spain from Peru in 1534 was nicknamed "edible stones". The frenchmen refused them. The Germans would feed their livestock with them. The Englishmen were critical to them, because potatoes weren't mentioned in the bible...

Since then, the potato has become dear. It provied crabs and proteins of high quality - but it doesn't contain any fat, provitamin A, vitamin E, calcium and B12. 100 grams of potatoes contains 16.4% starches and glucose, fructose and sucrose.
It contains a whole lot, even small amounts of natural benzodiazepines - diazepam (that is used in the wellknown medicine Valium).*

*Scientific report: Occurence of pharmacologically active benzodiazepines in trace amounts in wheat and potato - Germany/Switzerland 1988

It is said that the potato is the stomach's best friend - it is a natural antacid since it neutralises excessive acids. But we humans often destroy the good potato - we use oils, spices or combine it with foods that have negative effects on us.

Perhaps it is about the carbohydrates and not the sugar.

I'm aware that I only answered to the potato-problem. I hope it is of some soft of help.

Florena
You sure its not your blood sugar?

Sounds like hypoglacemia/hyperglacemia. Research it.

When you eat sugars or carbs(that break down into sugars), your body produces insulin to help keep your blood-sugar levels in check.  Diabetics lack the ability to produce enough insulin. You may have the opposite problem. Basically your pancreas doesn't know when to stop producing insulin or it just produces too much, and you get more of a severe sugar-crash.

Try limiting your carb and sugar intake, stay away from white flower and stick to whole grains. Eat less more often(every 2 or three hours, so a small snack between your healthy 3 meal a day should do), to keep those levels in check.

Hope I helped!

Source: Runs in my family
I'm with debz.  It's your blood sugar.  Potatoes and white flour are the highest foods on the sugar metabolism chart, higher than sugar.  They turn to sugar in the body extremely quickly.  The potato has never been humanity's friend, really -- many avoided it initially because it's in the nightshade family, and the decline of the Incas can be traced to when they moved to the mountains from the plains, which is where they began to use the potato for subsistence.  By the time the Spanish arrived, the Incas were already pretty much done, which is why a few Spanish allied with neighboring tribes were able to defeat so many Incas so easily.  Can't say it was the potato, but most nutritionists would advise eating them in moderation.  For you, I'd avoid them and see if it helps.  And try whole grains instead of white flour; even better, try grains other than wheat, which is human invented.  Try whole spelt -- tastes like wheat, but more nutritious and is derived from an actual wild grain, while wheat is a human-made hybrid.  Good luck.    
The question of the relationship between eating potatoes and asthma is not so absurd. Potato skins are neurotoxic, and in large quantities will cause birth defects in livestock. The potatoe of 1800 is not the potatoe of 2013. Much of the toxicity has been bred out of the skins. Nevertheless, potatoe skins are an antigen and may cause an inflammatory respiratory reaction in some individuals. The potato einterior will, of course cause blood glucose, which can induce fatigue.