Nutrition Community
fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

fatigue

I had no idea where or how to post this. if i'm wrong steer me in the right direction...anyway.... I had mono back in january. Ever since then I feel so tired. could i have cronic (chronic) fatigue symptom? or something. I slept on friday and sat for more than ten hours and later on i was able to take a nap then go to bed early. i'm sick of feeling so tired all the time. i also have a weird sleeping schedule.
You should post this problem on the "undiagnosed symptoms" site for more information.  They talk alot about chronic fatigue. Good luck
I'd think you should go back to your doctor. Have him do more bloodwork to make sure nothing else is going on. It does take a long time to recover from mono and you must rest rest rest,eat right and do not drink alcohol at all.
Do you feel like you get good sleep?  A lot of research i have done, says that most people think they get good sleep but actually don't.  According to a 1999 survey conducted by the national sleep foundation, nearly half of us have trouble sleeping several times a week--difficulty in falling asleep, waking up too many times or feeling tired in the morning.  And almost all of us have these problems from time to time.  They also said that 1 out of 20 adults has been diagnosed with insomnia.  Scary huh  

The last 2 stages of sleep are called REM and alpha.  Your body does its maintenace and repair in these two stages.  Meaning it does its healing.  If your body never has a chance to heal, it can feel tired all the time. Now I just want to say, that getting on a prescription for sleeping can make this worse. Your body never reaches those stages on a sleeping aid.  Your body has to learn to sleep on its own.  
There is a website called www.5pillars.com. It has so much info. Look into it. Post and let us know
Tinydancer112, you are not alone in this battle. Although, i have never had a major illness ive been fighting fatigue for 6 years now. I have seen many docs that have came up empty handed & cant explain why im so tired all the time. I live on prescribed uppers to stay awake & consume energy shots/ drinks just so i can be somewhat functional... I have tried everything under the sun & to no aveil im still tired. Im also tired of being tired & feel like im slowly losing this battle. I hope you have been able to conquer your fatigue & get back to normal...