Nutrition Expert Forum
food to eat after surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

food to eat after surgery
My friend just had a surgery done where the doctor had to drain an abscess in her neck. She has a large and deep incision, approx. 1 inch wide and 1cm deep, and the wound is to be sealed naturally on its own. Because of this, should my friend avoid eating foods that contain high levels of vitamin K and E since they are natural blood thinners? Should she also take certain supplements or vitamins to aid the healing process? Thank you so much!!
The surgery is completed and she is healing from it so no need to worry about blood thinning foods. To help with healing suggest foods high in vitamin C (fruits & vegetables) and protein foods, such as a strawberry yogurt smoothie (yogurt, frozen strawberries blended) for a few days or so.