Nutrition Expert Forum
height probls
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

height probls

Hi, I'm 15 yrs old my weight is 47 kg and I'm 5 ft 4. I wanted to grow a few inches, is it possible? And what kind of food and supplements or vitamins do i need to take to improve my height. I'm kind of worried i stop growing  since my  both my mum and dad are like a few inch shorter than me.
I exercise at least 4 or 3 times a week. I do sit-ups, treadmills and cross. Does my exercise routine effect my growth?  
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
Are you a male or a female? If you are male, you still can grow into your early 20's. If you are a female, you will start to slow down your growth and probably stop by 17 or 18 years old. For your age, you should be consuming daily appropriately 2500-3000 calories a day which consists of 8-10 servings of grains (1 serving consists of: 1/2 cup or 1 slice of whole grains breads / cereals, rice, pasta, etc), 3-4 servings of vegetables (1 serving consists of: 1 cup of raw or cooked vegetable or vegetable juice), 2.5 servings of fruits (1 serving consists of: 1 raw fruit itself, 1 cup raw or cooked fruit, 1 cup 100% fruit juice), 3 servings on milk (1 serving consists of: 1 cup), 6-7 servings of meats and beans (1 serving consists of: 1 egg, 1oz meat, 1 slice of meat, 1/2 cup bean soup, 1/4 dry beans). If you are eating that amount of food then you are consuming the amount of vitamins and minerals you need daily for your body. Exercise will not harm your growth.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank