help for sugar intolerance
I have had strange symptoms all my life including many gastrointestinal problems, joint problems, and no immune system to speak of to name only a few.  Throughout my life, doctors have thrown out terms such as lupus, leukemia, rheumatoid athritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, and IBS.  I was always the "sick" person who got everything.  At 26, I contracted shingles and during that period, also contracted salmonella.  This seemed to send my system into shock and every symptom I once had became unbearable.  My gall bladder shut itself down completely at this point and I was in and out of the hospital with various problems but no diagnosis for almost 2 years.  Finally I considered natural remedies and met with an individual who suggested trying restriction diets, one of them being a sugar free diet.  Almost immediately, I began feeling better than I had every felt in my life.  Through trial and error, I figured out that I cannot eat sugar at all and must limit carbohydrates almost entirely as well.  All of my symptoms disappeared and I have not been sick at all or seen the doctor for anything besides routine checkups in over a year.  While this is great news, I can't seem to find any doctors or any information regarding why this happens or any other support.  They are blog sites and personal opinion, but no actual doctor I have found nor reference material to learn from.  I am very active in my health, especially now that I have stabilized, and would like as much information as possible regarding what is happening to me.  I would even travel to see a doctor who knew more than the small town doctors I currently see.  Any insight would be appreciated.
Do you have a lot of milk in your diet because the lactose in milk is actually a sugar.  Lactose is also in chocolate, yoghurts, cheese, breads and quite a few tablets.  It may be worth seeking advice from a dietician who could advise you on what foods to avoid etc.  If you just have an intolerance/allergy the only thing to do is avoid all food types that contain that ingredient.  
All the anwers to all your questions are in "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution" book.
I see a good naturopath, and if you want a really good doctor, there is one in Seattle called Dr. Jonathon Wright, he is awesome. He has patients from all over flying in to see him. Just do a Google search with his name. His clinic is called "Tahoma Clinic" it has all kinds of info plus the names of docs in his office and other info.

Good luck on your search.