Nutrition Community
how long does it take for vitamins to take effect

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

how long does it take for vitamins to start taking effect? i get canker sores and i was told to start taking a multivitamin with b12, folic acid, and all that good stuff because it will help reduce the number or cankers i get and shorten the duration of them. I bit my lip and developed a canker that is visible when i talk. the thought of somebody thinking it is herpes is embarrassing. (not herpes, i've tested negative twice on the type specific IGG test.)  i use baking soda toothpaste with peroxide in it to help reduce the healing time.  

is there a multivitamin that is more effective? is One a Day better than a Flintstones multivitamin? any suggestions for canker sores?
It takes a while you have to remeber it has to correct the problem in your body to start seeing a difference also there is something called allicin which is cloves and garlic from rockwellnutrition.com that is awesome it is a natural antibiotic that will help kill of any bad stuff in your system contributing to the cancker sores but take it with probiotics which puts in good bacteria you will see a difference with these two and check out thier daily vitamins, flinstones are very high in sugar!! sugaris bad especially when you have something like yeast or canker sore problem lower the sugar in your diet. centrum was rated #1 for having in it what they say but I would still stick with a pharmetutical grade vitamins and supplements they arent any more expensive you just have to order them instead of running to walmart for them. also magnessium/calcium combo pref in a liquid is also good for cancker sore and losts of water to flush your system!