iron problems
I had iron deficiency anemia a couple of years ago and was put on iron tablets for treatment, i had another test in 3 months and the doctor said my levels were back to normal so i stopped the iron tablets and 3 months later i had a check up test and my iron was low again, i have been on iron tablets since, i had another iron test last week and it says my iron is low again. How can this be if i am on iron tablets?? Whats wrong with me?

I have also been diagnosed with anemia, but the doctors tell me it is not caused by iron deficiency, but by something else. What, they have been unable to tell me. I took iron for a while but it didn't help, so I guess they were right. However, I am still really tired.
The RDA for Iron is 18 MG - This might help answer your questions: <"a href="http://www.online-health-source.info/Vitamins-and-Supplements/Iodine-and-Iron">Iron Information</a>
The RDA for Iron is 18 MG - This might help answer your questions: <a href="http://www.online-health-source.info/Vitamins-and-Supplements/Iodine-and-Iron">Iron Information</a>
My vitamin store has an iron supplement called Gentle Iron that is 25 mg and my online source has Easy Iron that is 25 mg.

When I was way too low, ALL of my doctors told me to take as much as 100 mg of iron each day.  BUT, it is unwise to take this much routinely, since it's known that too high of iron intake can cause heart trouble.  I had to take the 50 mg chelated iron capsules when I was taking the higher doses.  But, since my last blood tests revealed that the iron levels were low normal, my doctors don't want me to take more than the 25 mg supplements.  My doctor knew I was unable to take the prescription iron supplements, there are two formulas, so she had me using the supplements from the vitamin store.
I would recommend getting vitamin D levels checked, too.  Mine was SEVERELY low, which will also cause this fatigue.  Since I'm due for blood tests soon myself, I will ask my doctor to recheck my iron and vitamin D levels while she is checking kidney function levels.  I may have to take the megadose of vitamin D again myself, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, for some authoritative information about vitamin D and supplementing it, you will want to look at mercola.com, then use his search engine and type in the key words "vitamin D", which will take you to his archive articles concerning vitamin D.  In some of his articles, he mentions and recommends subscribing to the newsletter from the Vitamin D Counsil.  When you read this information, you'll find out that the RDA for vitamin D is actually far too low.  

I know this thread is about iron, and that is a concern of mine also, but vitamin D is like the main key to the immune system and can affect the levels of all your other vitamins and minerals.